Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tablescape Thursday~Men's Ministry Dinner


Welcome to Tablescape Thursday, where our hostess, Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, is hosting her
70th Tablescape!! (You can click on any picture for a larger view)...

My husband, Steve, is one of five guys that serve on the Men's Ministry team at our church. We invited the men and their wives over for a Christmas gathering a little over a week ago. I wanted to honor the men by making the table a little more 'masculine'. ;-)  I used my Dad's Birthday for my inspiration.


I had made napkin rings out of my dad's vintage ties and used them again here. Plus old cabinet cards underneath the forks marking where the woman and men would sit.


I have a collection of old Bibles, devotional books, and hymnals, as well as old scripture cards that I strewn across the center of the table..










The centerpiece was a silver tray holding glittered reindeer (that I purchased 80% off last year!), an angel display under a cloche, and greenery with silk roses tucked in here and there, finished off with gold beaded garland.



My handpainted goblets of pinecones and berries fit right in!




The guys got a kick out of Steve's place setting with the picture of an old bearded man under his fork!
We had a fun time..and I was tickled to be able to give a nod to the men in this tablescape!



Be sure to visit Between Naps on the Porch for other beautiful tablescapes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I pray you have a most wonderful, joyous Christmas as we celebrate our Savior's Birth!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That's one of my favorite tablescapes ever. I love the masculine look. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tablescape. Absolute magazine material.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have to agree. This is my favorite tablescape. I love love love it.
    Merry Christmas my friend. May God fill your New Year with overflowing blessings.
    Hugs
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. One terrific table. We generally forget the men at the table. Well done.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tablescape. Love the old books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table absolutely gorgeous! It is one of the most beautiful and creative tablescapes I have seen! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Myrna....that is the coolest table....love the spiritual/men them. And I WANT those reindeer! SO CUTE! Just lovely! And I love the color pallet. You are so gifted dear friend! Love, Toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is just over-the-top gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for your friendship this year!

    Wishing you and yours a very blessed and Merry Christmas!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful table, Myrna! And congratulations on the birth of your beautiful granddaughter! She's gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Love, Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this very masculine tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by Myrna,and for all of the kind words. You have the most beautiful family. Seeing your granddaughter makes me want to have another baby. I love all of your creativity. Keep up the good work of using the talents God gave you and you can not go wrong. Happy New Year, Heidi

    ReplyDelete