Monday, December 14, 2009

Metamorphosis Monday~Holiday Guest Bath


Welcome to Met Monday! I am going to show you before and after pictures of our guest bath.


It all started with a shower curtain. (If you'd like to see the whole "before" powder room, go here). When my BFF Laura was up visiting recently, I had told her I'd like to go more brown and aqua in the guest bath. And wouldn't cha know it...at one of our forays into a thrift shop she happened upon the perfect shower curtain and bought it for me!!


In the picture it reads more green in the patchwork, but in reality it's a crinkly kind of fabric that shows aqua or light brown, depending on how the light hits it..

So, for Christmas, I went with aqua and browns for the festive decor. The candle holder was a thrift store find...the ornament and sparkley trimmings were 75% at Michaels. (I ALWAYS buy Christmas stuff on sale..and usually after Christmas to use the next year.) I draped beads on the light fixture and pinned glittered snowflakes to the lace above the mirror.

I just added some aqua beading to the little vignettes on the shelf.

A close up of my thrift store candle holder..

So when you're, ahem, sitting down, this is the view you'd get. I even dolled up the 'Chamber Pot' underneath! :-)

A close up of the table. I found this darling little trinket box at a garage sale for ten cents! And I just stuck in a vintage Christmas picture in the frame..the colors were perfect!

There is another door that leads directly to a bedroom which our son, Caleb, is residing in now. He doesn't use it as his computer table sits up next to it. So I got a bright idea one day to cover it...I found this curtain panel on clearance and stuck it up there on a tension rod. For Christmas I hung this angel banner (from Laura!) and just pinned the ribbon (and banner) to the curtain.

At the top I glued a couple of trims to a glittered snowflake, attached the little 'hope' ornament, and then hot-glued it to the top of the ribbon to finish off the look.
Well, we've gone completely around the powder room, so that completes our tour! :-)
Be sure to check out other amazing metamorphosis' over at Between Naps on The Porch, where the lovely Susan is the most gracious host!!

2 comments:

  1. I want to be a guest in your house just so I can use your bathroom! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrna I loved yout guest bathroom before and was kinda dreadin you redoin it :) Till I saw it finished, it looks even more beautiful...all the new touches are lovely, I especially love that shower curtain, it looks like it goes with my bedspread :) Your bathroom is a room I would just go sit in just to admire it! I could just hear you if I were ever to visit, anyone know where Rose is??? lol Besos, Rose

    p.s. I got your esty note :) I can't wait to receive my package, I am so excited and your too sweet! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete