Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Second Annual Hooked on Houses Holiday Tour


Julia, over at Hooked on Houses, is hosting her second annual Holiday Tour and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time for me! A reporter and photographer from the Sacramento Bee came to do a feature on my holiday home, so I took the opportunity to snap some pics for the Home Tour!




This is the photographer, Paul. Debbie, the reporter told me he was a Pulitzer Prize winning photographer, so I felt honored that he'd be photographing my home! I can't wait to see his work!!
So, on with the tour..

Here are a few different views of the sitting room..






Steve's Christmas Village that he puts up every year..well, almost every year!


The archway that leads to the family room..


The family room. My daughter, Courtney decorated this room herself! I am so proud of her and was thrilled for the help!




The view from the family room into the kitchen..


Since I have a pastel kitchen, I thought it's easier to decorate in pastels rather than fight with the color scheme of red and green. I love the soft, sweet look of it!






The view from the kitchen into the family room...


This is the formal dining room...I'm saving more pictures for later~for Tablescape Thursday!!


And back to the front and our Christmas tree. See Winston sitting so sweetly there?


Such a good boy! :-)

Thanks for coming on the tour! Stay tuned for future posts where I'll show more details and vignettes!
Thank you, Julia for hosting, and be sure to check her blog for more wonderful home tours!

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous home! Everything looks so great! I especially love the garland on the staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is stunning and all of the decorations are just gorgeous. What a thrill to have your home featured in the paper. I really love all the detail that you've put into every vignette and every room. I can't possibly pick a favorite. It is all stunning. Thanks so much for the tour and for sharing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular Myrna! So proud of you!! ST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can see why they wanted to photograph your home for Christmas. It's beautiful! Thanks for giving us a look behind-the-scenes of the photo shoot. Great post!

    Merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all you did....my goodness you worked HARD! It all is gorgeous! Just one thing.....I want your doggy Winston! Love, Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is INCREDIBLE! I don't know how you found they time, but I can see that it was well worth it to have such a stunning display. Congratulations on getting in the paper!

    If you get a chance, stop by my blog today and enter my children's Christmas book giveaway.
    http://smallhomebigstart.blogspot.com/2009/12/gift-ideas-for-kids-gift-of-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how beautiful! I'm in awe!

    would you like to see mine?
    http://sweetjeanette.blogspot.com/2009/12/welcome-to-my-christmas-open-house-tour.html

    I was too late to link up (giggle)

    sweetjeanette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, I'm just in heaven here today feasting my eyes on your beautiful holiday home! Just stunning, every inch of it. Can't wait to see more!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Myrna
    Your home is so beautiful! Enjoyed the gorgeous tour....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just breath taking! I just love peeking into peoples homes for X-mas!
    Can I have a cup of cocoa and set down for awhile and just admire???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! Now wonderful they wanted to photograph it!!

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Myrna--
    Enjoyed the Sac Bee article, and now am continuing to check out your site! Love all the ideas you share.

    Question for your place settings: Do you have all your guests grab their plates and dish up in the kitchen? Or do you do it separately and then bring everyone's prepared plate out to them (this is how a friend of mine does it). My husband always wants me to put all the food out in serving dishes on the table. I have never liked this way--too cluttered and I think takes away the elegance of the dinner. Thanks!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel! Thanks for the sweet comments! I hope you see this as I have no other way of contacting you~in answer to your question..I just recently started serving food 'buffet style',although sometimes I serve each guest..I guess it just depends on what I'm serving and how many there are.. I used to put all the food in serving dishes on the table, but find it's easier this way. If it's a small group (like 4 or so) I still put the serving dishes on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Myrna!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete