Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Decorating at MIL's


My Mom-in-Love's birthday is December 7th and every year she has the same request for her birthday present..."Please decorate my house for Christmas!" :-)  So this past Sunday I happily complied!
Steve and I went over at noon and rolled up our sleeves and got to work.

This is a closeup of a Santa arrangement I made on her coffee table in her living room..


Steve created this village on top of a console..



Don'tcha just feel like you could move there?


Underneath the console that Steve arranged the village, I created a vignette of carolers..


The mantle of Santas..


A close up of mantle..

An arrangement on her dining table. Darlou had bought some new goodies that I had fun playing with!




Even decked the halls!


....a close up of said hall...

Well, I am putting some finishing touches on my own home, getting ready for the newspaper reporter this Thursday! I'll try to post a few pics tomorrow!
"Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la la la la....."!

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet and precious present for your MIL. I love all of your decorations. The coffee table is fabulous, the village and caroleres stunning and even the halls are beautiful. Now can you please come do mine, it is all wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, honey! Is it snowing in Sacto yet?!
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful and wow, would I love that present!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great present! Wish I could come up with something as great for my 95 year old mother-in-law, but not much room to decorate in assisted living. Enjoy your week. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myrna, how pretty! I love the colors and all her decor :) Besos, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job....as always. Love the Santa mantle. Look forward to seeing your house!
    Love, Toni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks fabulous, love the mantel and the village.
    I enjoyed the tour!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific Daughter-in-Love you are!! Your mil must be a very special woman! Love how you decorated her home!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! You did a wonderful job! May God send you blessings.
    I love my mother in law as well. :)
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete