Monday, December 21, 2009

My Fifteen Minutes of Fame



So the article about our house came out in the Sacramento Bee last Saturday..

I made the front page!! Tee-Hee..must've been a slow news day..


and two pages inside!!
You can read the article and view the slide show here http://www.sacbee.com/165/story/2406827.html

I want to clarify a couple of things..the reporter was very nice and I appreciated most of the article, but clearly her perception differs from mine in a few things. When she wrote about me being home with three kids and to fight boredom, I started decorating. As if being a full time mom was boring. For me, boredom isn't even in my vocabulary! I don't think I've ever been 'bored' in my adult life! And later in the article she wrote that I began blogging out of boredom. NOPE! I told her I started it out of LONELINESS! My very first blog I found was Debra at As I See It Now ~we became long distance friends and she encouraged me to start my blog. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does and I am grateful that I can get that off my chest here! Oh yeah, and it doesn't take "months of preparation" to get ready for Christmas..it's more like a week or so..
So besides that, it was fun to be featured and I think the photographer did a beautiful job!

We just got back from Southern California and meeting our beautiful, adorable, two week old grand-daughter..pictures to follow. Warning: I'll probably become one of those obnoxious grandmothers, so please bear with me as I navigate my way back to earth...I am over the moon in love with her!! ;-D

8 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW.....front page in the Home section! THAT IS SO FUN! I'm so proud of you....your talents are becoming increasingly known! Next....your own TV show? :o) Can't wait to see pictures of Lindy. Love you. Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! you famous person you! This is exciting for you.

    May your celebration be joyous ...
    Merry Christmas,
    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your fame and on being a grandmother. I can't wait to see your precious little one. Have a Merry Christmas my friend. Enjoy that beautiful home of yours.
    hugs
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't that always happen with interviews? Frustrating and sometimes embarrassing. The pictures are lovely and what a nice article, even if she didn't get it all right (they NEVER do!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We stopped getting the paper delivered earlier this year, and I didn't even see this! I'll check it out online!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful is this??!! I'm so not surprised Myrna, you have a touch like no other, for arranging and decorating ~ and your home is beautiful!! I don't blame you for not liking that they said you were "bored" hah! How can you be raising a family?? Congratulations sweetie, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete