Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Vignettes Part 2


Here is the second part of my Christmas vignettes..with LOTS of pictures!! Thanks for the feedback!

This is in the entryway..

and a close up of the garland that runs up the stairway.

A shot of on top of the secretary..

Jesus IS the reason!! :-)


A very old nativity I inherited from my mother after she passed away...



This is an old Children's Bible I purchased at a thrift store years ago..opened to the story of the birth of Christ.

The tree in the family room..decorated by my daughter, Courtney.


The whole family room was decorated by Courtney, including the book shelves. It worked great for Santa displays!

The mantle..

close up of the mantle.

Cute grouping on a side table..

Like most of the Santas, this one was a thrift store find..

A scene on the coffee table..

and on the side table. I think Courtney did a fabulous job!

I had done this arrangement on the kitchen counter, but wasn't satisfied with it~Courtney thought of the idea to add twinkle lights on the bottom of the tray..I love it now!

a simple way to add a little Christmas to everyday items in the kitchen..

And Winston bidding adieu!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve and I are motoring down this morning to Southern California for a few days. We'll be meeting our grand-daughter for the first time! (She's 1 1/2 weeks old!) Oh! I cannot WAIT to hold her!
We will be back in  a few days...Caleb and Courtney remain here to keep the home fires burning!

9 comments:

  1. Your secretary is just gorgeous and the decorations are perfect. Love the garland! Enjoy that baby!! Like you need to be told to do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrna, your home is so beautiful to me!!! I love your taste and attention to detail ~ each vignette looks so thoughtful....and get ready my sweet friend for your little granddaughter to steal your heart!!! Be safe and have a wonderful time, love and hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrna,
    Everything looks fabulous, I enjoy seeing it all. Love the secretary, wow and all the vignettes are great!
    Really like the Santa lit on the counter in the kitchen.
    Have a safe trip and enjoy that new grandbaby!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe and wonderful trip! Your decorations are lovely and your granddaughter is adorable:).

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Myrna, I just happened to see your home in the Bee today. What a lovely article. What a lovely home!

    I can imagine you had a massive number of hits today. How fun.

    We will get together in the new year. I really forgot all about our attenpt to meet.

    Kathy B
    Lewette's friend on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and congratulations on your adorable grandaughter.

    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog - the more pictures the better. I love anything to do with decorating and you are so creative! Please keep up the good work. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete