Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Vignettes

Here are a few fall vignettes...above is in the family room. The 'Give Thanks' plaque, Amber Pedestal bowl and white books are thrift store finds...roses from our garden...the lamp I got at Lowes a couple of years ago for $20!! (Thought that was a great deal!)
The centerpiece for now in our formal dining room (I like to change it out a lot). The same material for the table cloth in the kitchen dining table I found recently at yet another thrift store. I just folded and used iron-on tape to hem the edges. It's in a rectangle and lets about a two inch border of the table show..
And the buffet in the formal dining room--2 years ago when Steve went on a motorcycle ride with 'the guys' to Nevada City, he ventured into an antique store there and spied it. Months later he took me up there and it was still there waiting for us! The owner gave us a great deal--we love American Oak antiques...
This is a cloche in it's usual state....
And here it is dolled up for fall!! Just added a few touches with some fall ornaments and some real acorns I covered in copper glitter...

Thank you so much for all your kind and wonderful comments on my Tablescape Tuesday post! You were all so sweet and I feel like I've made some new friends! Let's keep in touch!!

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.
~Thomas Moore

10 comments:

  1. Babe, you make our home so warm and comfortable. I like that you make the seasonal changes as it makes it festive and fresh. You are amazing...our home is your palette. steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your touches of Fall! You have managed to bring in the season, but keep everything so elegant. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Myrna... You have been busy and seems like hubby us appreciating it.... Just love those cloches.... I will be embellishing my for Christmas soon..... Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myrna, Your hubby is soooo sweet. Certainly a BEST FRIEND. Another beautiful table scape. I also love cloches. Love and Prayers, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Myrna,
    thanks for stopping by blog and leaving such compliments. I love the cloche. I have one on my dining room table but never thought of changing it for Fall. I'll have to see what I can come up with...
    Sandyt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, Myrna...I love what Steve said!!! Your home is so beautiful and your loving touch is everywhere! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty things! I would love to visit you--it would be like stepping back in Time, which you know is my favorite thing to do. :) Blessings, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am drooling! Your home is soo beautiful! I just love it. You have done such a nice job and I bet it is just so warm and inviting in person. Great photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is just beautiful, thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Myrna...I'm back for another look at your pretty home and decor for fall...it is so lovely!
    ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete