Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Mantle Part Two

The above pic is summer decor for the sitting room--I love using light pastels then. But at the first cool crisp sign of Autumn, I'm all about the dark wood and deep rich colors that really warm and cozy up a room.
So, voila! Below is the Fall decor for the sitting room!

I switched out Christie Repasey for Thomas Kincaid (Steve's favorite), changed the lampshade out on the lamp-as well as the candles. Propped up behind the lamp is an old, old picture. Years ago a friend of mine saw it sitting in a garbage pile (gasp!) in front of someones house. Granted permission from the owners, she retrieved it and gave it to me-- knowing my love of old things. Maybe someday I'll have the broken parts of the frame repaired, but for some reason I just love it as it is...

I'm on a roll now--I've taken to completely rearranging the sitting room!! I'll show pics when I come up for air...;-)

8 comments:

  1. I love them both: Repasy and Kinkade! But the Kinkade looks good for winter, sweet chick......
    Smooches,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice. Sounds like you are having fun switching things for the season changes. Don't forget to come for air. Looking forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrna, the place looks great. I miss being able to walk in your house and see the transformation. It always puts me in the mood to change my house.....beautiful.
    I miss you
    Love
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by for a visit and for your sweet comment. Now I really miss my mantle after reading and viewing your post! Everything looks so very lovely. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myrna, Decorating is so much fun. I know the feeling, so be sure to come up for air from time to time. The results are well worth it, beautiful. Enjoy! Love and Prayers, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love that last shot. Puts me in the mood to drag out some boxes and create. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Myrna,
    Love the warm colors of your fall decor. So pretty and inviting. I am so enjoying this weather. I don't think I am ready for the cold just yet. Pinkie

    ReplyDelete