Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Tablescape Thursday


Welcome to Tablescape Thursday hosted by our gracious hostess, Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.
In keeping with my fall decor theme this week, I've displayed a fall tablescape in the formal dining room.

Here is the front view..

..and the back view.


These plates were a birthday gift to me this year from one of my dearest friend, Laura.
They are very old and trimmed in 18k gold! When I began thinking of a tablescape, I knew I wanted to use these beautiful dishes and incorporate blue into the color scheme of golds, copper, and rusts..




See the sweet little birds? They were 90% off at a craft store after Christmas!! And the 'candle holders' are amber wine glasses from the thrift. I got two of them for a buck!!


Trimming out the napkins are blue Christmas ornaments, and blue 'netting' is tucked into the centerpeice.


Adorning the candle holder is a velvet Christmas ornament I got for a song at Tuesday Morning.


So here's the table in different lighting...the candle holder in the center is also a gift from Laura. She finds the coolest stuff for me!!
The pumpkins sitting on the plates are from the Dollar Tree..Silverware from the thrift and etched wine glasses are heirlooms from my mom..




I swagged some garland and acorn lights across the buffet.


a little fall display in a cloche..


The pilgrims Steve and I picked up when we visited the Berkshires in Mass. a couple of years ago. I just love them!




The view of the formal dining room. Thanks for visiting~I had so much fun decorating with those beautiful dishes as my inspiration! Thanks, Laura!
Be sure to visit other lovely and creative Tablescapes at Between Naps on the Porch.
And come back for a visit Friday if you have time~ I'll be giving a little tour now that I have my home all decked out for Fall!!

23 comments:

  1. Oh Myrna...I am speechless..well almost :) I absolutely LOVE your home, I think shabby chic is pretty, I love looking at peoples homes with all creams and such but my heart is with the rich sumptious textures and beautiful, luxurious fabrics and gorgeous decor and amor...you have it all :) Just gorgeous...besos..Rose

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my dads pancakes :) It was meant to make you smile though :)I am thankful for many, many happy special memories of him that I can now draw on to hopefully help blam whatever saddness these holidays might bring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the richness of the fall colors of your table. And the touch of blue just sets everything off. Your sideboard is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you will post your fall table decor to the Celebrate the Holidays party. This weeks is still up but most people have already come by and to get the most coverage you should post it next week. It will be up on Tues night for the Wed showing.
    I have you on the list for the home tour.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. Just admiring your tablescape which is beautiful. Very autumnal :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you're all set -- right up to Thanksgiving! Everything looks delightfully fall at your lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Myrna! How gorgeous!!!! You have such a way...of putting beautiful things together and making them SING! So beautiful sweet friend ~ hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely Myrna! Miss you! ST

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Myrna,Love your table ! And the tablecloth is to die for, it is just gorgeous! I'm going to follow you dear !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Myrna! Oh, your table is so lovely and fallish! Your cloche display is wonderful. You really have a special touch!
    Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see my tablescape,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty tablescape...with the touch of blue! And those pilgrims are wonderful! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a BEAUTIFUL table and I just love the touches of blue in the autumn colors.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've set a warm and inviting table in a lovely home. I love the richness of the color you've used for your table. It's really lovely. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, warm and inviting fall table. Love the blue touches to the fall colors. Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. A tablescape after my own heart!! I just love it. My mother has the set you are using as candle holders. It's Indiana Glass "diamond point" is the pattern. Terrific fall look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Myrna, wow, I am loving it all,really getting me in the mood to decorate with this stunning set up. I guess I can think about that next week after the wedding is over this weekend.
    Pretty pretty, like the buffet with the lights alot!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Myrna,

    Love your table! You have done a fabulous job of decorating for fall!

    Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful table you've created! Love all the layers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pilgrim figurines for your fall table! Lovely 'scape!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! This is just beautiful girl...I just ♥ it to death...Loved seeing your antiques also...I have added you to follow...don't want to miss a post...thanks for sharing this beautiful table girl...May you have a great weekend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tablescape is fabulous, Myrna! So warm and inviting. I love the candlelight!! The centerpeice is so pretty. You did a great job bringing in the blue with all the fall colors~your napkins are so pretty!

    I like the pumpkins on the plate. Are they sitting in a berry bowl? I love that idea!! I'm always on the prowl for uses for the berry bowls I have with my china sets. And I love your china!! You have a fabulous friend in Laura!!

    Have a wonderful weekend, Myrna!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Myrna....everything looks so warm and inviting. I love, love, love seeing how you mix it up every season. Amazing! Laura's dishes were so neat and I love all the little touches. Wish I could come drink it all in over a cup of coffee or hot cider!
    Love, Toni

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a delicious treat for the eyes, Myrna! Your table items are sumptuous & who would have thought to use a velvet Christmas ornament on an autumn centerpiece?! Or to put the blue in there??? It works beautifully.

    ♥Rett

    ReplyDelete