Monday, May 12, 2008

Tea Party

This past Saturday (May 10) I had a Birthday Tea Party for my Step-mom's 70th Birthday.

You can click on the pictures to enlarge the size and read the sentiment on the first pic. That was part of the centerpiece. She had 3 of her closest friends come, plus her daughter and daughter- in- law that live here, but we surprised her with flying her other daughter down from Washington. She was overjoyed--plus the next day being Mother's Day for her--and she gets all her children with her!

It was fun, I had my tea-pot fountain going in the sitting room, classical music playing, and my daughter, Courtney played server. She was a good sport, wearing a vintage bib-apron! I served poppy-seed lemon scones, blue-berry scones, fruit compote, and three different tea sandwiches.. cream cheese and date on raisin bread, chicken salad on wheat, and the usual cucumber sandwiches on white. Dessert was a fruit tart with her "70" candle perched on it.


A close up of the table setting...everyone went home with the tea-cup flower arrangement. The dishes I got for $10 at a garage sale. The silverware was also a garage sale find and the teapot napkin holders from the thrift store.
The front view of the table setting--what everyone sees when they came into the dining room....




..and the back view--I covered up the back of the picture with gloves hanging off the frame...


I LOVE Tea Parties!!!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing to do! And one she'll remember forever - how sweet!
    Love your blog - it's so wlecoming to visit!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrna... Lovely.. lovely.. I am enjoying the party just enduging in the pictures. I love having tea parties.. I love pampering my quests. I am planning a couple myself this summer... I want a couple garden ones... Keep up with your lovely blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning Myrna -what a lovely table you set...I love it that it's primarily garage sale and thrifting finds - way cool! What a great party for your stepmom's birthday, and a great Mother's Day having all her kids together - what a blessing!

    I also loved your moving tribute to your Mom and admiring the sweet, beautiful heirlooms you inheirited..and the stories behind them - thank you for sharing that!

    And as one who was never able to have children of my own, I sincerely appreciate your heartfelt expression of love for others like me. The Lord has now given me a wonderful husband who has four grown daughters, so I was blessed to be a step-mom for my very first Mother's Day in 47 years...plus the Lord has blessed me with many "spiritual" children over the years through various ministries I've been privileged to serve. He is always faithful to fill to overflowing the void in our hearts if we'll just yield our empty vessels to Him...

    Love coming here...it blesses me. Thank you!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Becky S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myrna, your table is absolutely gorgeous!!!! You definitely have the "touch" to make everything lovely. I know you must have had a wonderful tea party!!! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That glove idea was a good one! and those little napkin rings are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Myrna! Welcome to the blogfamily :) Your party looks just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! I love the pictures, too! I hope you all had fun! ~Jann

    ReplyDelete