Monday, August 11, 2008

TMTA Challenge

This weeks theme for Think Monday Think ATC is Dog Days of Summer. It couldn't have come at a more appropriate time here in Northern California where we're expecting 100 degree weather!! Usually it warms up in the late afternoon, but the past couple of days I've noticed myself closing windows sooner in the day, to keep the cool in.

I was trying to find a Victorian image of a King Charles Cavalier--which we have, named Winston, but this is the best I could come up with. Not a Cavalier, but a cute puppy nonetheless!!
My daughter, Courtney, will appreciate the quote--she is a huge Jane Austen fan. The quote is very fitting for me these days...feeling more frumpy than fabulous. I wilt in the heat. But on the other hand, I can go plop myself in front my 'puter with a glass of iced tea, visit with all you lovely ladies and perk up in no time!!
Have a wonderful day!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is really lovely.
    Gorgeous ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Myrna! I'm the same exact way, I get overheated so quickly having all this extra "insulation" and enjoy it so much with fall finally makes it's appearance. Your work is beautiful ~ and I love your journal for the contest...xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I love the quote! Glad my obsession is wearing off on ya. :) Hehe
    Court

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Myrna,
    Well, I am back sort of...I am trying to regroup. Vacation was wonderful and thought of you while in Mendocino. Took many lovely floral picts and of those beautiful homes...I post some pict just for you dear one! Take care Pinkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Myrna,
    Love the dog days of summer ATC. When its hot at your house its probably hot here. I like the evenings though sitting outside by the tiki torches.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful ATC! I love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Myrn!!! Soooo Adorable, and sooooo True!!!! It's so hot here, it's hard to stay dolled up!!
    hugs~
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVED that quote! So cute and fitting for we Southern and Northern California gals.
    Think I'll go fan myself,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete