Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tablescape Thursday--Jenni's Birthday

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch is hosting her 36th Tablescape Thursday!! 36!!! Wow! I'm impressed that she can think up 36 different tablescapes! Great job, Susan!
This tablescape was for our friends, Jenni and Brian. We had them over for dinner to celebrate Jenni's birthday...The candles were my inspiration...they're usually on the coffee table in the family room. I had covered candle holders in brown wrapping paper, layered old sheet music over that, and wrapped old lace around and secured it with two vintage clip on earrings..I took the color scheme and sheet music idea and went with it....

Plunked an old mirror down on the table and topped it with mercury glass votives, the large candles, and a crystal vase filled with the first roses from our garden. I needed more height for the roses so I set the vase on top of plate on top of a small tray (that I just picked up for a buck at a garage sale recently!)


I used old sheet music for place mats, thrift-store napkins in the perfect shade of brown, and the plates that my sweet hubby bought me at Costco at Christmas. Got the whole black and cream and silver thing goin' on...
I had forgotten to take a picture of it, but I wrapped Jenni's birthday gifts in sheet music and black ribbon!

Here's the whole view--with plenty of room to add the dishes of food!!
Check out Between Naps on the Porch for other fabulous tablescape ideas!!
Have a great day!!



18 comments:

  1. Hi Myrna,
    Oh this is great! Love the candles, love the sheet music placemats, love the transferware always, all good!
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dishes and I love the sheet music...great tablescape..
    Thanks
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful table. I love your black transferware but then I love all transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever idea. Love all the music theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty table! I'll have to copy this theme soon as my teen is in Choir. Great idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever and unique idea to use sheet music, and the candles you made are just perfect, so pretty. Your centerpiece turned out stunning. I really like your dishes, they are so pretty. Very well done. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful table and what a clever way you used the sheet music!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the sheet music for placemats. My hubby bought me the same plates from Costco at Christmas. I love them. So of course I love yours. Great tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the unique use of the sheet music in your tablescape. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!! I love the whole theme idea. I'm envious of those roses - it will be at least a month before we have roses blooming. Have a great weekend. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh such a wonderful table! I love the idea of using sheet music for place mats, and I adore your black transferware. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creative way to cover the candles! I love it! Great tablescape. I'm so impressed with creative people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this Myrna and as always not only pretty to look at, thrifty to do but also INTERESTING and different! Can't wait to pluck your brain when I see you in June!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Myrna, thank you for visiting me and all of your lovely comments! Your blog is wonderful. I really love those candles that you wrapped in music paper. Such a great idea.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tablescape is lovely! I love how you made those candles your own by decorating them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Myrna...beautiful tablescape! I'm crazy about those candles! They are soooo beautiful! You are sooo creative...the sheet music for placemats in brilliant! Happy TT! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful, so many unique ideas! You are very creative!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete