Thursday, January 29, 2009

Off to San Diego!!


So now I'm off to San Diego. I pre-wrote this post as I won't have any time between trips. I'm going down to celebrate my friend, Anita's 50th birthday. I am helping with the party. Toni (our mutual friend), Laura and I are doing a Garage Sale Themed birthday party for Anita--who is the queen of Garage sales!! On Saturday the gals are all meeting at Starbuck's at 7:00 a.m. to hit the garage sales. One of the games is to find a present there for Anita and she'll have to guess who's it's from. Then we'll meet back at Toni's around 10:30 for brunch. The tables will be mix and match (mostly mix) so it looks like a garage sale. I'm bringing down a few of my 40's vintage tablecloths.
A picture of Anita's present is at the end of this blog..so Anita--if you're reading, you better stop here!! ;-)
Anita's gift is at the end of this post...after I did it, I made myself a little house jewelry...I
made a little collage and glued it to the back of an old chandelier crystal--I got a box of 'em for a few bucks a while back at , yes, a garage sale. I added a little vintage rhinestone and bead and it hangs from black velvet ribbon. A fun little bling for my house!
Okay, so here's Anita's gift. My neighbor gave me a few glass ,um, I'm not sure what to call them..they came off a chandelier, tho. Anyway, I made a collage with the theme of garage sale and glued it to the back. It hangs by a black velvet ribbon. It was so much fun to make I can't wait to back to make more!!
I'll be staying with three different friends while I'm in San Diego, and will return late Tuesday.
Pics to follow in a day or two after I get back...
Have a wonderful week!





6 comments:

  1. Myrna, those crystals are so beautiful! Aren't they so much fun to make?? I know I enjoyed making mine. I plan to make more of them for myself too. Yours have inspired me! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun and I love the art object and Anita's gift too.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those crystals you made Myrna, really great!
    Have fun on your trip, sounds like alot of fun. Enjoy!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMYGOODNESS Myrna!!! I love the artwork on the crystals!!! So very beautiful sweetie ~ and a wonderful gift too. I hope that you are having a great time! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend! Looking forward to pictures next week. How about doing a tutorial and the crystals? They must be fun to make. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm diggn the whole "crown affair"

    some how i lost track of you, but added you to favs!

    ReplyDelete