Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Trip to Fortuna

Last week I went up north to visit my sweet friend, Sue, in Fortuna, California. (It's near Eureka)

Sue and I've been friends for 30 years..when we were pregnant with our first born's..we were both in the same childbirth class. We've lived in the same town only two years but managed to keep close ties.
Sue's the kind of person who makes it a party where ever she goes. Always has a positive attitude..
...And doesn't take life too seriously. It's impossible to be in a bad mood around Sue~you just have too much FUN with her!!
We crammed a lot of fun in during my stay..we went to a Mexican Restaurant for dinner and met her Book Club gals..(an enjoyable group!)
Took in a movie. Shopped the thrift stores and swap meet, breakfasted at a cute coffee shop in Fortuna, lunched on fish & chips in Eureka, and went to a party at her friends who belonged to a Vintage Car Club.
Steve came up for the weekend and while he and Sue's husband, Doug, went on a ride..
we shopped. Tootled around old Eureka. This is the only shop I took pics of.
Full of vintage goodness!!
Later on Saturday we took in the Vintage Car Show
Here's Sue posing, and Doug checking out the cars..
I loved this car!
Steve and Doug checking out the cars..
Later that evening we ate dinner at the Lost Coast Brewery in Eureka.

I am so grateful I have friends in my life that, although we don't see each other in person very often, we can just pick up where we leave off. Stay up till 1 a.m. talking. And still never run out of anything to talk about!
To have friends like that feeds my soul and nurtures my spirit. I came home revived and refreshed!
On our way home Steve and I went into Ferndale to nosh on their famous hamburger at the No Brand Burger Stand.
A dinky little place, and although I don't get  one very often, it  had the best hamburgers I've tasted in a long time!
Thanks, Doug and Sue, for a wonderful time!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like yall had alot of fun!!! It's great to have such good friends. I love all your pictures. Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete