Sunday, July 20, 2008

Toni's cloche

Thank you all for the sweet compliments on my new vignettes! I "lightened" things up for summer--I'm glad you enjoyed them!

I wanted to share this picture that my sweet friend, Toni, sent me via email....she said she was inspired by my cloche display and wanted to show me what she did with hers...isn't it beautiful?
She said she filled the little pedestal dish with buttons, including 6 beautiful crystal ones she bought in an antique store from her recent trip to Victoria, BC that she took with her husband. The darling little bird is like a limoge box that was a gift from her husband for their 35th anniversary (what a great guy!) and she finished it off with a neat old key and antique lace. Toni has such a flair for displaying her 'heirlooms'. Her house is done in the cottage style and she has wonderful vignettes throughout. It's warm and enchanting. She happens to live two doors down from Laura, who I stay with usually when I'm visiting San Diego, so I get to "pop" in and see Toni for a quick visit and get inspired by her latest project. But even more than that, I come away so blessed--because of her deep, abiding faith in the Lord. She has been like an older sister to me, one that's been a little bit ahead of me in life and can encourage me when I've come to her with my problems that she's already been thru, survived, and lived to tell about God's sustaining grace. I've watched her go through some very trying, and difficult circumstances and remain faithful to God, knowing He is in control and standing firm in that knowledge. And by watching her increases MY faith, MY resolve. And isn't that what the Christian life is really all about? Just living out your faith, being loving and kind, trusting God. Because you never know if someone's watching and needing their faith encouraged... Thanks, Toni!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Myrna! Thank you so much for coming by my blog and introducing yourself! You do sound like a kindred spirit, it is a pleasure to meet you!

    I'm so glad you started blogging, I just started mine a year ago and had never even read blogs prior to starting, so it is still a big blog world out there to me! But, I love it when I meet people who become my friends, then it feels like a small world after all!

    So nice to meet you Myrna! I hope to get to know you better through the blogs!

    Happy day,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete