Monday, April 4, 2011

Shelf Life

I have been "Spring Flinging" around here lately...feeling overwhelmed with too much stuff and am going thru cupboards and drawers..well, you know the drill! ;-) As I was separating the 'keeps' from the 'keep-nots' I was looking for a spot to set my white collection till I found a more permanent home for them.

In this nook-shelf I had already set a mirror with the statue and organza runner, then just kept setting the rest of the stuff, trays, bowl 'o pearls, etc., till I could come back to it and distribute it all elsewhere.
 
But I think I quite like it for now..maybe I'll find a few treasures that the white bowls can hold, who knows? ;-)  Well, I'm off to tackle another cupboard! Have a lovely day!!

The aim of life is appreciation; there is no sense in not appreciating things; and there is no sense in having more of them if you have less appreciation of them.
                                                                     {G.K. Chesterton}


I am linking up to: Between Naps on the Porch.
                               A Stroll Thru Life

5 comments:

  1. I love what you did in that great nook with a shelf, you're lovelies look wonderful and the aqua light that falls on them gives it a theatrical look to this beautiful vignette! I'm also your newest follower, and your welcome to come over.
    I will keep visiting!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..everything looks just divine in that little nook...so perfect and I love the reflective shadows. A wonderful quote...The aim of life is appreciation....so true, in life, our home and the little things. A lovely visit! yvette@twistedvines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl I love that niche you have..I bet it looks wonderful at Christmas with all your victorian things..Love the bust I have a thing for them also..Hope you have a GREAT week my dear friend..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. This is just gorgeous. I thik a niche is so hard to do, and this is perfect. I love everything in it. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful. I love the little niche. I wish I had one. You did a beautiful job decorating it. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete