Monday, February 22, 2010

My First Table Top Tuesday

The lovely and talented Marty over at A Stroll Thru Life will now be hosting Table Top Tuesday. When she described it as showing all your table top displays and vignettes anywhere in your house, I thought "Well, this is just right up my alley!!" So I'm joining the fun and hope to play along every Tuesday! (It'll give me motivation to dust every week, too!!) :-D
To start off this week I am cheating just a little...you see, Marty had a 'Show Us Your Cloches' party last Friday and I totally forgot..so I'm taking advantage of this now to show a few cloche displays. I asked Marty if it were okay and she graciously gave me her blessing! ;-)
So this is my nod to Valentine's Day decorating. A little romantic vignette in the dining room.
My sweet friend, Judy, taught me how to paint the cherub. It was all white to begin with and with her magic touch with various paints and finishes produced this little beauty! The plate is one I decoupaged with the darling cherub image and gold and white tissue paper.
I stuck a little candlestick lamp under a cloche with a cherub and Valentine embellished bottle.
Under this small cloche is a picture of my grandmother when she was about 18 years old..
Also in the dining room, sitting on the dry-sink is another little lamp under a cloche. This one flickers, and a small little flower arrangement and a vintage pink ornament keeps it company.
In the sitting room is this angel under cloche with sheet music called "A Perfect Day".
Also in the sitting room is this little vignette under glass..just odds and ends that I found pleasing to the eye and just bunched them together in the cloche!

I have a music book opened to the song "Believe Me, If All Those Endearing Young Charms"..that was the song my mother used to sing to me when I was a little girl...
It sits upon the coffee table with a baby picture of my dad, a vintage beaded purse, a glass doorknob, and a candle holder. It sounds kinda funny when I write it out, but somehow it works in the display...

Well, THAT was fun!! Hope you enjoyed my first Table Top Tuesday!! Be sure to check out Marty's Blog for other blogger's wonderful displays!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm having serious cloche envy here... Your arrangments are beautiful...~!Love your blog layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful!!! I loved the light coming thru under the cloche, and the cherubs are adorable. Hope you have a wonderful day!!!
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so pretty. Late or not it's great to see your cloches and how beautifully you've dressed them.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so thrilled that you showed all of your cloches. They are all just so pretty and you have such lovely arrangements. I love the sheet music , it always grabs me. I think the coffee table is stunning and that cloche and base are to die for. Gorgeous. I love all of the cherubs and the one that you painted as well as the plate are so pretty. You did such pretty arrangements in all of them. I just love it. Thanks so much for joining today. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you posted your cloches. Love the idea of the sheet music....but they are all beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful girl...love the sheet music with all the silver one the best...it so romantic looking my friend...Hope you have a GREAT day and thanks for sharing more of your lovely home...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love cloches! Especially with all the goodies underneath.
    smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet. There's always an element of mystery and importance when objects are placed under glass. Precious moments with the sheet music of the song your Mom used to sing! That is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Myrna,

    Hi nice to meet you! I love your blog! Your vignettes are beautiful. I especially like the one under glass with the sheet music, and vintage brush. I have things like that on my dresser. I love things like that. I have some victorian decor, as well as shabby chic. I hope to participate in this next week. Now, I am going to check out the rest of your pretty blog.

    Debbie from NJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! You are so creative! I loved all of your photos of your vignettes! Gorgeous!
    Debbie-dabble

    ReplyDelete
  11. G'eve Myrna ~ What a gorgeous display of your cloches ... they are beautifully decorated.

    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice!!!love the song sheets with the dresser set. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I enjoyed seeing all the unique cloche designs! You are so creative putting them together, love them! I'm so glad you didn't miss sharing them with us!

    I look forward to seeing more of your tabletops in the future!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Babe, I didn't realize we have so many cloches around the house! You are an amazing decorator.
    I love you...S

    ReplyDelete