Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Home Christmas Vignette

When it comes to  Christmas decorating, I now have a partner in crime..my daughter Courtney! She takes over the family room, festooning it in the traditional red and green decorations.

I started a Santa collection about 25 years ago. This "Old World" Santa is one of my favorites.

Courtney adorns every surface (and plate holder) with festive embellishments and greenery.

The mantle is always a challenge, (with the flat screen TV hanging right above it), but I think she did a fabulous job incorporating Santas in the garland..

She set darling vignettes all around the family room!

This is one of my favorites in my Santa collection..and probably the cheapest. I love that this Santa keeps the perspective on the true meaning of Christmas!
Thank you, Courtney, for all your help and hard work..You did a wonderful job!!
"The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, easing others' loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas."
{W.C. Jones}
I am linking to the lovely Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality, who is hosting this fun Christmas Vignette Party. Please pop over and see all the other wonderful vignettes displayed!

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had a daughter to help me! :o( Could I borrow Courtney? :o) Lovely job by a lovely young woman. Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Myrna, thanks so much for joining the party! So nice to meet you, I just love Beth. your decor looks so lovely and sweet, perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your Christmas decor, especially your Santa's! Courtney did a lovely job, could I borrow her for a little while... I haven't gotten one thing done in the way of decorating, I've got to get with it!!!
    Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Santas! The Old World Santa is great. Your daughter did a beautiful job.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Santas are all charming. Your fav one is mine, too! So wonderful that you and your daughter share the love of decorating for the holidays!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collection! Your daughter did a great job!

    ReplyDelete