Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Home Tour of My Folks' House


Hi there! I recently returned from a fun visit with my dad and his wife, Leilani. They now live in a beautiful retirement community called Covenant Village in Turlock, CA. Their house is so lovely I thought I'd share pics! The first few are of the living room..



And here is the dining room:


The hallway..


Several of the books on top of this secretary desk are my grandmother's diaries..my dad's 87 yrs old, so these diaries are~well, you do the math!! ;-)
Here is the guest bathroom..Leilani made the shower curtain:





The kitchen, tiny but functional!


and the guest room, where I stayed..the sofa pulls out to a bed:







It's even cute when the bed is pulled out!

Here are Dad and Leilani:

..and my dad and me!

I've been getting ready for company. We'll be having Thanksgiving dinner here on Friday, when everyone is off work and can make it. (My brother- in- law is a fireman, and his wife is a flight attendant~both working Thanksgiving day.) Hope you are all enjoying the festivities and fun that these holidays bring!!

4 comments:

  1. Their house is adorable, honey. I've seen some retirement homes that are absolutely stunning. My daughter's in-laws live in one in San Jose and they just love it. It is truly pretty and soooo quiet and peaceful.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely home. The guest room is light and airy and very cozy looking. Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.

    Xo,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like home... So sweet and welcoming. Cherish each moment with them.
    Thank you for stopping by and leavin such a sweet comment. It means so much to me.
    Thank you, so much,
    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I can just feel the warm elegance of it all. Thanks for sharing with us, Myrna. Hugs, Debra

    ReplyDelete