Friday, February 13, 2009

Anita's house

I stayed at Anita's my last night in San Diego. The above pic is a birthday present that I made for her several years ago when I was just getting into collage art...


This is the guest room I stayed in. Anita has a wonderful collection of antiques.


Her living room....


close ups of her goodies in her china cabinet..

Her downstairs bath...don'tcha love her idea of the towel holder??

More views of the guest bath..


I just LOVE what she did in her laundry room!!


The day I was leaving, we motored down to Coronado,
hit a couple of thrifts, stopped at Panera where she bought some Panini sandwiches, and ended up at the Hotel Del Coronado. The hotel and the grounds surrounding it are so beautiful.



We ventured into the back and took in the view while we enjoyed our lunch....


I had a wonderful time, Anita had a wonderful birthday. This was the perfect, peaceful ending to my whirlwind trip! I'm glad to be home, back with my hubby who I missed dearly! I have no immediate plans for any more travel, of which I'm glad. I just want to hunker down and nest!


















7 comments:

  1. Where to start. I love her house. And I have everything I need to make her towel rack and it is brilliant. And I have not been to Coronado since I was a little girl but it looks the very same. Great trip and I have loved all the beautiful homes.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice it was that you were able to share her birthday with her. Her home is so welcoming looking!
    She has some wonderful collections going on... ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  3. An urgent prayer request.
    Please see my post.
    Hugs
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. That laundry room is amazing! Should make doing laundry more pleasant I would think. Also the towel holder idea in the guest bath is great. I never would have thought of something like that. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myrna, I love Anita's home. I have never seen anything like that gorgeous sofa in her living room! What treasures she has! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful home. Blogland is glad you're back home too. Traveling is wonderful, and I think it makes us appreciate being back home. Happy Valentine's Day! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend Anita's house is beautiful. I love all of he antiques! Thank you for the tour! Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thanks for the tour of her home, fun to see, alot of fun collections!
    And you lucky duck, I want to see the Hotel Coronado one day!!
    Looks like a fun time.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete