Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tea for Three!

One of the most lovely things to look forward to after my brief hospital stay was an invitation to tea for Courtney and I given by my very dear friend, Judy. Any invitation to Judy's is always a delight and a treasure to my soul and this time Courtney was able to experience it with me! This beautiful tablescape greeted us when we entered her kitchen.

Here is a close up view of my place setting..she used all her best china!


This darling menu card she made was at our place setting. Try as I might this picture refused to be turned upright!! sigh.

And inside was a darling 'tea etiquette' advise and the menu..yes she served EVERYTHING listed here!

I took this picture of our first serving~ Lavender lemon muffins and Black Olive and Rosemary Scones, but then became so caught up in our wonderful conversation and delicious food I forgot to take any more photos until dessert was served!!

Cream Puffs

Heart Tartlets and Krumkake

Devil's Peaks and Shortbread Cookies..all so divine!

Judy and Courtney..Courtney was as captivated and enthralled as I was!

Judy made these delightful 'favors' for us~ ALL out of paper!


Inside the darling little purse contained a vintage hankie, a package of apricot tea, a darling little pop-top necklace and a sweet ATC of a woman lounging and stamped 'housework can make you ugly!' Too Cute!

She also MADE this amazing paper cake, and gave Courtney and I each a 'slice'..

Inside were these sweet little chocolates and with a cute tag attached.

I had given Judy the Friendship Book and Courtney gave her two of her lovely flower pins that she crocheted.
After tea, Judy's husband Bill came home and we all had a wonderful visit~I was so happy that Courtney was able to experience it, too. Visiting Judy is always so magical and fun and soothing to my soul. It was just what the doctor ordered! ;-)
I am linking up to Between Naps on the Porch for her wonderful Tablescape Thursday party!

“Come let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

{Chaim Potok}


15 comments:

  1. How lovely.. stopped over from tablescape Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post...
    I am really loving her favors,
    so cute and all handmade ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful table Judy puts together! Sounds like she is such a sweet friend to you and very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - I don't think I have ever seen the like, what a beautiful tablescape and what a wonderfully caring friend to go to so much effort!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tea and what a creative woman -- I'm drooling for the food looks amazing as does the paper art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enchanting! Such a beautiful table and the menu! What a dear friend you have in Judy. I enjoyed reading about the tea and seeing all the pictures. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it looks like it was so much fun. That paper cake is impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful and creative friend. Such a lovely time for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAN'T BELIEVE THAT CAKE! Amazing....what a talented lady....and you get to have her for a friend! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful friend, she is so clever and oh so creative and lucky to know you! What a great tablescape and impressive menu!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very special and creative tea you had! Judy is quite talented. How very wonderful that you had time to spend together.

    I know if I received an invitation to Judy's home, it would be treasured as I'm sure you treasured your visit.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Myrna,

    What an impressive luncheon this is! Glad you are feeling better, and this is just what you needed from such a sweet friend. Her paper art is amazing!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The china is DIVINE...but the food is JUST AMAZING!
    WOW!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you all had a wonderful time, and the goodies looks SO tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful table!! And the menu look luscious. What a nice way to spend an afternoon!

    ReplyDelete